Cousins dating first cousins

16-Feb-2015 16:28 by 9 Comments

Cousins dating first cousins - Horny women wanting to chat on skype

From this, the media have concluded that marrying your first cousin is "OK." Is it?As Frame Game has argued before, topics such as sex with animals, dog-eating, and sex with cousins are never as simple as they're made out to be.

Theoretically, that's half as risky as marrying your first cousin, in terms of increasing the probability of passing on a genetic disease to your kids. And as the NSGC study notes, the crude assumption that children of cousins will turn out badly leads to unnecessary abortions. , CNN, and their journalistic brothers in arms have spun the increased risk found by the NSGC study as no big deal.In some cases, because it promises "better treatment by in-laws" or because it keeps "goods and property within a family," says the study. Maybe we should worry more about whether people in these communities are free If cultural respect is your principle, how far do you carry it?According to the study, some African, Asian, and Middle Eastern cultures prefer marriages "between an uncle and niece." Should we respect those cultures by permitting those marriages?If you're afraid of mandatory genetic testing and you'd prefer to ban marriage among people in high-risk categories, why not start with fertile women over 40? Cousin couples compare laws against cousin marriage to laws against interracial marriage. Why is an increase of 50 to 100 percent no big deal?At worst, said one of the study's authors, when cousins procreate, "'93 percent of the time, nothing is going to happen." What about the other 7 percent? The group is people who are married to their cousins.

These people note that 20 percent of marriages around the world are between first cousins, that Albert Einstein and Charles Darwin married their first cousins, and that first-cousin marriage, while prohibited in half the United States, is legal in Canada and throughout Europe." By that logic, wouldn't sibling couples be even better?Yes, the risk of disease in offspring of sibling couples is much higher.The greater the genetic similarity between your parents, the greater your chance of getting two copies of the bad gene.But if that's your reason for banning cousin marriage, you've drilled into a mother lode of problems.Advocates of cousin marriage say they're against sex between siblings, but they can't explain why.